Rule 620-3-.02(1) of the Georgia Structural Pest Control Act states, in part, "Each licensee shall designate a Certified Operator who shall be in charge of and actively participate in providing adequate personal supervision in the pest control operations of each office and any sub-offices with a duplicate license…"
There are occasions where the DCO for an office may not be based in that office. In such cases the DCO may be requested by the Commission or the Department of Agriculture to provide evidence that he or she is actively participating in the pest control operations of that office. This evidence may include items such as:
- Participation in verifiable training for the office
- Documentation of participation in employee evaluations
- Documented Quality Assurance Inspections
- Logs of phone calls concerning the operations of the office
- Logs of e-mail concerning the operations of the office
- Vehicle mileage logs indicating travel to the office
This list is by no means exhaustive. The list is provided as examples of the types of documentation that may be used to prove the active participation in providing the required personal supervision.