Important: You must provide proof of citizenship or legal residency when you apply for a license. GDA requires S&V (Secure & Verifiable) documents for all licensees. See the S&V Details page and S&V FAQ for complete information.
Reminder: Please make sure your mailing address, email, and phone number are up-to-date, and that your voicemail is not full. There will be a delay in getting your license if we need to reach you but don't have usable contact information.
GDA’s Plant Protection program manages Live Plant licenses. For more details, including a full list of regulations, see the Nursery program page.
You Need this License If
- Your production space is greater than 1000 Ft, OR
- You are shipping plants out of state internationally, OR
- You are bringing plants into Georgia for re-sale, OR
- You are collecting wild plants for sale
Fees and License Period
Licenses are good for 1 year, from January 1 to December 31.
The fee is based on company type and plants being sold. See a full list of Live Plant license fees.
How to Apply or Renew your License
Complete your applications and renewals for Live Plant licenses online through Kelly Registration Systems using the links below. You must pay online as part of the license process. If you have questions about making payments, see our Payments page.
What Happens When You Apply for a License
- When you apply online for your license, the program staff review your application.
- You will receive a visit from one of our inspectors to do a pre-inspection. If the inspector finds any problems they will work with you to resolve them. You cannot move further in the licensing process until you have passed your pre-inspection and your application has been approved.
- You will then receive an email from the us requesting your S&V paperwork.
- Once your S&V paperwork has been received and approved, you will be notified by email how to log in and pay your license fee.
- When you pay your fee, your license certificate will be mailed to you within 1 - 7 business days. You can also login to the Kelly System and print your own license certificate and shipping labels.
Respond promptly to any questions or notifications, and make sure GDA can contact you if needed!
Apply for a new Live Plant License
Log in with your License Number and password to renew. Forgot your password? Recover it from the password recovery page or contact our Customer Service Center at the number below.