TO ALL INTERESTED PERSONS AND PARTIES:
Pursuant to the Official Code of Georgia Annotated, O.C.G.A. §§ 4-11-14 and 50-13-4, notice is hereby given that the Georgia Department of Agriculture will be accepting written comments regarding proposed amendments to Animal Protection Rule 40-13-13-.04. The Department will be accepting written comments from January 6, 2020, to the close of business (4:30 p.m. ET) on February 5, 2020.
SYNOPSIS, MAIN FEATURES, AND DIFFERENCES:
The Department is proposing to amend Rule 40-13-13-.04 entitled “Premise Requirements and Performance Standards for Owner and/or Operator” by requiring all animal shelters operated by the state, a county, a municipal corporation, or any other political subdivision of the state to maintain and submit the following information to the Department on a monthly basis utilizing an electronic system approved by the Department:
- Intake Records
- Number of animals that were owner relinquished to the shelter;
- Number of the animals that were taken into the shelter as strays; and
- Number of animals that were transferred into the shelter by other organizations (examples: public health, law enforcement agencies, licensed animal rescues or other animal shelters).
- Outgoing Records
- Number of animals placed for adoption;
- Number of animals transferred to other licensed rescue organizations or animal shelters;
- Number of animals escaped;
- Number of animals deceased while in care; and
- Number of animals euthanized.
COMMENT PERIOD AND ADDITIONAL INFORMATION:
The Department will be accepting written comments from January 6, 2020, to close of business (4:30 p.m. ET) on February 5, 2020. Comments will be considered on February 6, 2020. Please submit written comments to:
Companion Animal and Equine Section
Georgia Department of Agriculture
19 Martin Luther King, Jr. Drive
Atlanta, Georgia 30334
Telephone Number: (404) 656-3713
Interested persons may call or submit a written request to obtain a copy of the proposed rules. A copy of the synopsis and the proposed rules may be downloaded from the Georgia Department of Agriculture website at www.agr.georgia.gov.
This notice is given in accordance with the Georgia Administrative Procedure Act, O.C.G.A. § 50-13-4.