Important: You must provide proof of citizenship or legal residency when you apply for a license. GDA requires S&V (Secure & Verifiable) documents for all licensees. See the S&V Details page and S&V FAQ for complete information.
Reminder: Please make sure your mailing address, email, and phone number are up-to-date, and that your voicemail is not full. There will be a delay in getting your license if we need to reach you but don't have usable contact information.
GDA’s Seed Program manages Seed Dealer licenses. Questions about the program or regulations? Please review the Seed Program web page or contact their staff at the number below.
You Need this License If
You offer, expose, or transport seed for sale in Georgia [retail or mfg].
Fees and License Period
Licenses are issued for 3-year intervals. All current licenses expire July 31, 2024.
The fee for a new application or renewal is $100.
How to Apply for or Renew your License
Complete your applications and renewals for Seed Dealer licenses online through Kelly Registration Systems using the links below. You must pay online as part of the license process. If you have questions about making payments, see our Payments page.
What Happens When You Apply for a License
- When you apply online for your license, we will review your application.
- If you are not located in the state of Georgia, you will be asked to provide a notarized Consent to Service of Process form.
- You will then receive an email from us requesting your S&V paperwork.
- Once your S&V paperwork has been received and approved, you will be notified by email how to log in and pay your license fee.
- When you pay your fee, your license certificate will be mailed to you within 1 - 7 business days.
Respond promptly to any questions or notifications, and make sure GDA can contact you if needed!
Log in with your License Number and password to renew. Forgot your password? Recover it from the password recovery page or contact our Customer Service Center at the number below.