Pet Dealer Outgoing Information Sheet

General Information

A person or business with a pet dealer license from the Georgia Department of Agriculture (GDA) must comply with the relevant regulations of the Georgia Animal Protection Act. All laws and rules, as well as relevant forms, can be found on our main Pets page.

Documents requiring a signature must be signed. All required documents must be available for inspection at the address listed on the pet dealer license.

Outgoing Pet Transactions

The following outgoing pet transactions must be recorded:

{A} Sold; {B} Transferred; {C} Stolen; {D} Escaped; {E} Deceased; {F} Veterinary care; {G} Release of ownership; {H} Custodial care; A custodial care provider that receives a fee or compensation must have a GDA kennel license; {I} Return to supplier – live pet; {J} Consignment return.

Required Information

Outgoing records must contain the following information:

{A} Date of Transaction; {B} Name, physical address, city, state, zip, and phone number of the establishment or person receiving the pet; {C} Pet type and quantity; {D} “GDA” license number if applicable;.

Note: Fish, rodents, and invertebrates are exempt from outgoing record keeping requirements;

Impounding or Harboring

To impound or harbor seized, stray, homeless, abandoned, or unwanted dogs, cats, and other animals a facility must be operated by or under contract for the state, county, municipal corp., or any other political subdivision of the state and requires a “GDA” animal shelter license. See Agriculture Rule 40-13-13-.01 (Animal Protection), "Animal Shelter" definition.