Important: You must provide proof of citizenship or legal residency when you apply for a license. GDA requires S&V (Secure & Verifiable) documents for all licensees. See the S&V Details page and S&V FAQ for complete information.
Reminder: Please make sure your mailing address, email, and phone number are up-to-date, and that your voicemail is not full. There will be a delay in getting your license if we need to reach you but don't have usable contact information.
GDA’s HGM Program manages Horticultural Growing Media (HGM) registrations. Questions about the program or regulations? Please review the HGM Program web page or contact their staff at the number below.
HGM distributors must register all horticultural growth media products that they sell.
You Need this Registration If
You offer, expose, or distribute horticultural growth media for sale in Georgia.
Fees and Registration Period
Registrations are annual and run from July 1 to June 30 each year
The annual registration fee is $50 for each product.
How to Apply for or Renew your Registration
Email us to set up an account for registering your products. You will use this account for your annual renewals.
What Happens When You Apply for a Registration
- Register your products online (see below) once an account has been set up for you.. As part of registration you will need to upload labels for each or your products.
- If you are not located in the state of Georgia, you will be asked to provide a notarized Consent to Service of Process form.
- Once you have finalized your application and finished registering your products, you will then receive an email from us requesting your S&V paperwork.
- Once your S&V paperwork has been received and approved, you will be notified by email how to log in and pay your license fee.
- When you pay your fee, your certificate will be mailed to you within 1 - 7 business days.
Respond promptly to any questions or notifications, and make sure GDA can contact you if needed!
How to Register your HGM Product
Use the HGM Product Registration site to register your HGM product and renew your registration. If you do not have a login for this system, contact us using the information below to get one set up.