Important: You must provide proof of citizenship or legal residency when you apply for a license. GDA requires S&V (Secure & Verifiable) documents for all licensees. See the S&V Details page and S&V FAQ for complete information.
Reminder: Please make sure your mailing address, email, and phone number are up-to-date, and that your voicemail is not full. There will be a delay in getting your license if we need to reach you but don't have usable contact information.
GDA's Feed Program manages Commercial Feed licenses. Questions about the program or regulations? Please review the Feed Program web page or contact their staff at the number below.
Feed manufacturers must obtain a Feed license and register any specialty pet foods sold in packages of 10 pounds or less. These can be done at the same time.
You Need this License If
You offer, expose, or distribute animal feed for sale in Georgia.
Fees and License Period
Licenses and registrations are annual and run from January 1 to December 31 each year
The fee for a new application is $75. Renewal fee is based on tonnage sold. The annual fee for registered pet and specialty pet food/treats is $40 for each product in packages of 10 lbs. or less. Total of license and registration fees caps at $2,000.
How to Apply for or Renew your License and Registration
Complete your applications and renewals for Feed licenses online through Kelly Registration Systems using the links below. You must pay online as part of the license process. If you have questions about making payments, see our Payments page.
What Happens When You Apply for a License
- When you apply online for your license, we will review your application.
- If you are not located in the state of Georgia, you will be asked to provide a notarized Consent to Service of Process form.
- We will contact you with details on how to register your pet food products. As part of registration you will need to upload labels for each or your products.
- Once you have finalized your application and finished registering your products, you will then receive an email from us requesting your S&V paperwork.
- Once your S&V paperwork has been received and approved, you will be notified by email how to pay your license fee.
- When you pay your fee, your license certificate will be mailed to you within 1 - 7 business days.
Respond promptly to any questions or notifications, and make sure GDA can contact you if needed!
Log in with your License Number and password to renew. Forgot your password? Recover it from the password recovery page or contact our Customer Service Center at the number below.