This page lists recent recall alerts for food and feed products that have been distributed to, and/or were produced here in Georgia. Recall notices come from the GDA as well as the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) or U.S. Department of Agriculture Food Safety Inspection Service (USDA FSIS). To learn more about a recall, click on any of the links below to display the full news release. Only the most recent recalls are posted here, categorized annually by fiscal year (July 1-June 30); click on a year below to see additional recalls. Want to learn more about how recalls are classified (Class I, II or III) or other information about how they're issued?
Click here for Product Recalls 101 | Click here for retail recall guidance.
- Phil-Am Trading - Smoked Mackeral (Hasa-Hasa) recalled because it has the potential to be contaminated with Clostridium botulinum, a bacterium which can cause life-threatening illness or death. Consumers are warned not to use the product even if it does not look or smell spoiled.Phil-am Smoked Mackerel (Hasa-Hasa) comes in 200 g. (7.05 oz) packs and is packaged in a clear flexible plastic pouch and is topped by a predominantly red tag affixed to the top seal which has the product’s information. Its UPC code is 814487015147, and the product was distributed to stores between February and November 2016.
- National Steak and Poultry - Ready to Eat Chicken recalled approximately 1,976,089 pounds of ready-to-eat chicken products due to adulteration because of possible undercooking. The cases containing the products subject to recall bear establishment number “P-6010T” inside the USDA mark of inspection. These items were shipped to food service locations nationwide and were sold directly to retail consumers at the establishments’ monthly dock sale.
- Publix - Premium Pancake and Waffle Mixes recalled due to milk powder from a supplier used as an ingredient may contain Salmonella.The mixes were sold at Publix stores in Florida, Georgia, Alabama, South Carolina, Tennessee and North Carolina. Recall affects certain lots of 16 oz "Banana-Flavored Chocolate Chip" "Pumpkin" and "Blueberry Flavored" pancake & waffle mixes. See link for lot information.
- Stonewall Kitchen - Pancake and Waffle Mixes recalled due to milk powder from a supplier used as an ingredient may contain Salmonella. Products were distributed nationwide to consumers through the ten Stonewall Kitchen Company Stores, Stonewall Kitchen’s direct-to-consumer division (catalog/internet) and through the wholesale division.Recall affects certain lots of 16 oz "Cinnamon Apple" "Orange Cranberry" and "Toasted Coconut" pancake and waffle mixes. See link for lot information
- Fairway - Candy Corn recalled because it may contain undeclared egg. Candy Corn was distributed to Fairway stores in New York, New Jersey and Connecticut, and also through home delivery programs provided by Fairway E-commerce, Google and Instacart. The product is packaged in clear, plastic cello bags of varying weights, each weighing less than one pound. The product bears Item Code 228402 XXXXXX. All “SELL BY” Date codes are being recalled. No other Fairway products are involved.
- Calbee North America - Harvest Snap Black Pepper Snap Pea Crisps recalled because they may contain undeclared dairy ingredients. Dairy allergens are not labeled on the Harvest Snap Black Pepper snap pea crisps. People with a dairy allergy or sensitivity run the risk of a serious or life threatening allergic reaction if they consume this product. The product was sold through Publix Super Market stores beginning on October 3rd, 2016. Harvest Snap Black Pepper snap pea crisps are in 3.3 oz bags and have Lot Number MAR 31 17 0141 S.
- Bakkavor Foods - Trader Joe's Mediterranean Hummus and White Bean & Basil Hummus recalled due to concerns over Listeria monocytogenes.See link for list of recalled products. Products involved include Trader Joe’s Mediterranean Hummus (SKU #90642) and Trader Joe’s White Bean & Basil Hummus (SKU #91107) with "USE BY" date codes up through and including 12/15/2016.
- Heinz - Homestyle Pork Gravy Product contains Bistro Au Jus gravy and was mislabeled as Pork Gravy. Contains milk and soy, which are not declared on the label. Product is labeled as Homestyle Pork Gravy with "Best By 12/28/17 MU6F04" on jar cap.
- Sabra - Hummus - Recalled due concerns over Listeria monocytogenesSee link for list of recalled products. Consumers with any product with a Best Before date through January 23,2017 are urged to discard it.
- Taylor Farms - Veggie and Hummus Bistro Box and Schnucks Vegetable and Hummus Snack Trays Recalled because it contain recalled Sabra Hummus Classic 2oz dipping cups. Taylor Farms Veggie and Hummus Bistro Box has UPC 0 30223 01037 1 and Use By Dates 11/11/16-12/1/16. Schnucks Vegetable and Hummus Snack Tray has UPC 0 4131809193 9 and Use By Dates 11/18/16 and 11/23/16.
- Free2b Foods - Chocolate Sun Cups - Recalled due to undeclared milk allergen. Double cups in purple package (UPC Code 895444001405 and Sell By Dates 02 Aug 17, 04 Aug 17, 07 Aug 17) and single cups in purple package (UPC Code 895444001443 and Sell By Dates 02 Aug 17, 04 Aug 17, 07 Aug 17).
- Weight Watchers Smart Ones - Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Sundae - Due to possible Listeria monocytogenes contamination. Product comes in 4 pack. See the link for Best When Used By Code Dates and individual package UPC.
- 4C Foods Corp - 4C Grated Cheese, Homestyle Grated Cheese & Cento Grated Cheese Brands - Due to possible contamination with Salmonella. Packed in 6oz vacuum-sealed glass jars, with Best By dates between Nov 12, 2016 and Nov 12, 2018 and packaged in cases of either 6 or 12 jars per case.
4C All Natural Parmesan Grated Cheese (UPC 41387-33126)
4C All Natural Parmesan/Romano Grated Cheese (UPC 41387-37126)
4C All Natural 100% Imported Italian Pecorino Romano Cheese (UPC 41387-77126)
4C HomeStyle All Natural Parmesan Grated Cheese (UPC 41387-32790)
4C HomeStyle All Natural Parmesan/Romano Grated Cheese (UPC 41387-11627)
4C HomeStyle All Natural 100% Imported Italian Pecorino Romano Cheese (UPC 41387-12302)
Cento Parmesan Grated Cheese (UPC 70796-90502)
Cento Romano Grated Cheese (UPC 70796-90501)
- McConnell's Fine Ice Creams - Various Ice Creams Recalled due to potential to be contaminated with Listeria monocytogenes. The seven affected flavors include Dutchman's Chocolate (JUL 27 2017, OCT 01 2017, OCT 05 2017), Mint Chip (SEP 08 2017, SEP 30 2017, OCT 07 2017 DEC 01 2017, DEC 30 2017, JAN 04 2018, JAN 05 2018), Peppermint Stick (JUL 25 2017, JUL 26 2017, SEP 30 2017), Salted Caramel Chip (OCT 07 2017, OCT 20 2017, DEC 22 2017, JAN 06 2018, JAN 07 2018), Sweet Cream (JUL 27 2017, SEP 08 2017, OCT 01 2017, OCT 21 2017, DEC 08 2017, DEC 21 2017, DEC 24 2017),Turkish Coffee (JUL 28 2017, SEP 22 2017, OCT 07 2017, DEC 06 2017), Vanilla Bean (JUL 13 2017, JUL 25 2017, JUL 27 2017, OCT 01 2017, OCT 15 2017, DEC 07 2017, DEC 25 2017, JAN 03 2018, JAN 06 2018), and were only available in pints.
- OLMA-XXI, Inc - Premium Norwegian Salmon Smoked and Salmon, Turbot, Butterfish, Smoked Recalled due to potential to be contaminated with Listeria monocytogenes. Premium Norwegian Salmon Smoked, sliced 8oz has best by date of 02/23/2017 and Salmon, Turbot, Butterfish Smoked, Sliced 8oz has best by date of 10/20/2016. Both Items are packaged in a plastic vacuum packed bag.
- Back to Nature Foods, LLC - Various Products Recalling four products due to undeclared milk allergen. Products include Chocolate Delight Granola (11oz), Dark Chocolate Coconut Granola (11oz), Chocolate Chunk Cookies (9.5oz), Mini Chocolate Chunk Cookies (6x1.25oz and 100x1.25oz and 9x2.5oz).
- Mondelez Global LLC - Oreo Fudge Cremes Due to undeclared milk allergens. Recalled products include Oreo Fudge Cremes, Original variety (11.3oz package) and Oreo Fudge Cremes, Mint variety (11.3oz package).
- AC Creamery Inc - Manila Sky Purple Yumm Ice Cream Recalled due to potential contamination with Listeria monocytogenes. Product sold in 16 ounce paper cups marked with an expiration date of March 06, 2018 stamped on the bottom.
- Brownwood Farms - Fruit Preserves and Fruit Butter Products - Due to undeclared milk allergen. Recalled products include America's Original Cherry Butter (12oz, 22oz, 1 Gallon); Cherry Raspberry Preserves (12oz, 1 gallon); Michigan Cherry Preserves (12oz, 1 Gallon); Pear & Cinnamon Preserves (10oz, 1 gallon); Strawberry Preserves (12oz, 1 Gallon); Jalapeno Cherry Butter (12oz, 20oz, 1 Gallon).
- Brookwood Farms, Inc - Pulled Pork Products - Due to misbranding and undeclared soy allergen. Recalled product is in 5lb plastic bags containing "Cooked Pulled Pork Carnita Style". Recalled pork items produced between June 12, 2014 and Oct. 21, 2016 bearing establishment number "EST.1740" and code 15006 on the label.
- Crider, Inc - Organic Roasted Chicken Breast - Recalled product due to possible foreign matter contamination. Recalled product in 5 ounce cans of "Wild Planet Organic Roasted Chicken Breast-100% Chicken Breast & Sea Salt- No Liquids Added" with a Best Buy Date of 01/16/18. Bears establishment number "EST. 31812".
- McCormick & Company, Incorporated - McCormick 24 oz. Club Size Original Taco Seasoning Mix - Due to unlabeled milk allergen. Dairy free Original Taco Seasoning bottles were incorrectly filled with Original Taco Seasoning which contains whey. Product can be identified with UPC 52100302461 with best by date between June 27, 2018 and September 16, 2018.
- Turkey Hill Dairy - Dutch Chocolate Premium Ice Cream - Select 48oz containers of Dutch Chocolate Premium Ice Cream recalled due to undeclared ingredients of almonds and eggs. The containers may contain Rocky Road Premium Ice Cream instead of Dutch Chocolate Premium Ice Cream. Product can be identified by UPC 20735-42095 with sell by date May 23, 2017. All affected packages would have been purchased by consumers after 09/08/2016.
- Brownwood Farms - Various Products - Recalled due to undeclared soy or yellow #5 food coloring. Undeclared soy in the following products: Yankee Bourbon BBQ Sauce (19oz & 1 gallon), Cherry BBQ Sauce (21oz, 1 gallon & 5 gallon), BBQ Mustard Glaze (11oz & 1 gallon). Undeclared yellow #5 in Apple Riesling Salsa (21oz & 1 gallon), Peach Salsa (17oz), Jalapeno Cherry Salsa (21oz & 1 gallon), Jalapeno Cherry Butter (12oz & 1 gallon).
- Yoma Myanmar Tea Co - Tea Salad Snack - Recalled due to undeclared peanuts. Products are Regular and Spicy, and come in 7 ounce, clear plastic package with expiration date of 6/15/2018.
- Nestle© USA - Nestle© Drumstick© Club 16 Count Variety and 24 Count Vanilla Pack - The company tested positive for Listeria monocytogenes (LM) from equipment contact surfaces from a location on the production line where these products are made. The 16- count has UPC number 72554-11096 and the 24- count has UPC number 72554-00160, distributed nationally.
- ***Expanded Recall*** Blue Bell - All products made with Aspen Hills Cookie Dough all products that were made with a cookie dough ingredient supplied by a third party supplier Aspen Hills, Inc., due to the potential for the ingredient to contain Listeria monocytogenes. The recall affects products in half gallons and pints: Blue Bell Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough and Blue Bell Cookie Two Step sold to retail outlets, and three gallon flavors sold to food service accounts including Blue Bell Blue Monster, Blue Bell Chocolate Chip Cookie, and Blue Bell Krazy Kookie Dough. These products were produced from February 2, 2016 through September 7, 2016, distributed in GA and other select states.
- Roland Foods, LLC - Roland® Preserved Lemons Recalled due to allergens (undeclared sulfites) in the product. Products were sold in 12.35 ounce jars, 12 glass jars per case, Lot #20, UPC #4122461002 on each item, with production codes DA" 169Z P: 0618 printed on the far lids.
- Chocolate Shoppe Ice Cream Company, Inc - Select Products Containing Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Pieces Purchased From Supplier Aspen Hills which has the potential to be contaminated with Listeria monocytogenes. This recall includes: In 3 gallon cartons: Cookie Dough, Heaps of Love, Peanut Butter Cookie Dough, Sticks & Stones and Yippee Skippee Ice Cream (various expiration dates). In pint containers: Cookie Dough Ice Cream (various expiration dates). Under the company’s “Baked Bear” brand 3 gallon cartons: Cookie Dough Ice Cream (various expiration dates).
- Publix - Publix Premium Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Ice Cream Recalled over concerns of Listeria monocytogenes in cookie dough supplied by Aspen Hills. The ice cream has a UPC of 000-41415-03843, and a sell by date of May 27 2017, which is printed on the bottom of the half gallon container.
- Nutrisystem Everyday, LLC - Nutricrush Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Bar Recalled due to concerns that the chocolate chip cookie dough has the potential to be contaminated with Listeria monocytogenes. Product was sold online through Amazon.com and Walmart.com. The bar was sold in a 5-count carton, with UPC code 6 32674 85579 4, Enjoy by Aug 22 2017 and Lot Code NF082216A.
- Mars Petcare US - CESAR® Classics Filet Mignon Flavor Wet Dog Food due to a potential choking risk from hard white pieces of plastic which entered the food during the production process. CESAR® Classics Filet Mignon can be purchased individually, as well as in flavor variety multipacks.
- Sammy's Milk - Sammy's Milk Baby Food due to possible contamination with Cronobacter, a bacteria that can cause severe and sometimes fatal blood infections or meningitis in infants. The product was sold nationwide through online sales at www.SammysMilk.com.
- Tyson Foods Inc - Fully Cooked Chicken Nugget Products due to possible contamination with hard plastic, distributed nationwide.
- McCain Foods USA, Inc - Frozen Onion Rings Sold Under Four Separate Private Label Retail Brands due to undeclared milk allergen. Brands/retail locations include Save-A-Lot Stores, Krasdale Brand, Spartan Brand and Shur Fine Brand.
- Waymouth Farms, Inc- Good Sense ® Cranberries ‘N More 6 oz (170g) due to undeclared pecans, walnuts, milk and soy. Freshest if used by 8/16/17 A 15:00 through Freshest if used by 8/16/2017 A 23:00.
- Sager Creek Foods, Inc.- Field Peas With Snaps and Green Bean Productsdue to trace amounts of shellfish contamination (an allergen), sold primarily non-retail to food service establishments.
- Kellogg Company - Kellogg's® Eggo® Nutri-Grain® Whole Wheat Waffles because they have the potential to be contaminated with Listeria monocytogenes, distributed nationwide.
- Blue Bell Ice-Cream - Select Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough and Two-Step Half-Gallon ice-cream and Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Pints ice-cream (specific code dates) that were produced in their Alabama plant because they were made with a chocolate chip cookie dough ingredient supplied by a third party supplier (Aspen Hills, Inc.), due to the potential for it to contain Listeria monocytogenes.
- Drew's LLC - Field Day Organic Ranch Dressing in 8 fl. oz. glass bottles with lot code W210I, UPC #042563600242 and a Best-By date of Jan. 28, 2018. The product contains milk and egg, allergen ingredients that are not listed on the label, and was distributed nationwide.
- Publix - Apple Coffee Cakes, all date codes with UPC 002-19562-00000 due to the possible presence of small metal shavings. The product was sold at the Publix bakery department in Georgia and other southeastern states.
- Island Soups Company, Inc. -Various soup products are being recalled for Clostridium botulinum contamination, which is a very serious public health threat. Products include Gungo Peas Soup, no meat; Red Peas Soup; Red Peas Soup, no meat; Mannish Water and Fish Soup in 16 oz glass jars, with white lids and a white plastic with brown lettering safety seal. The products are coded with Best-By dates July 2015 through June 2018. Products were distributed through internet website purchases.
- Asher's Chocolates - multiple and individually-wrapped chocolates, chocolate bars, etc., under the Asher's brand name due to possible Salmonella contamination of items produced in their Lewistown, PA facility. Products were distributed nationwide.
- Bimbo Bakeries USA, Inc. - Specific best by dates and UPCs of Entenmann's Little Bites Fudge Brownies (5 pack), Chocolate Chip Muffins (5 and 10-pack boxes) and Variety Pack (20 pack) due to the presence of small pieces of plastic caused by a manufacturing issue. The products were shipped to GA and other select states.
- Snyder's-Lance, Inc. - Diamond of California® Macadamia Nuts, sold "chopped" in 4 oz packages, and as "halves and pieces" in 2.25 oz packages, distributed in retail stores nationwide, for possible Salmonella contamination.
- WFSP Foods LLC - 13.5-oz. packages of "Land O' Frost Simply Savory Bacon & Cheddar Smoked Sausage" with a "BEST BY: DEC. 04 2016" and packaging date of 06/07/16 due to misbranding and undeclared allergens (milk), not declared on the product label, shipped to retailers nationwide.
- Cambridge Farms, LLC - Certain Laura Lynn, Key Food and Better Valu brands of Frozen Cut Corn sold in 16 & 32 oz. polybags with various expiration dates in 2018 because they have the potential to be contaminated with Listeria monocytogenes, sold in GA and other select states at retail supermarkets.
- Oriental Packing Co., Inc. - Blended seasoning curry products under the brand names Blue Mountain, Jamaica Choice, Ochos Rios, Oriental and Grace Brand, because the seasoning is contaminated with lead. Lead can accumulate in the body over time and can cause serious and sometimes permanent adverse health consequences. The product was sold through internet sales and by retailers nationwide.
- Baptista’s Bakery, Inc. - 7.2 oz. Snack Factory® Original Pretzel Crisps® and 7.2 oz Snack Factory® Sriracha Lime Pretzel Crisps® packages for allergens, because they may contain undeclared milk ingredients.
- Rabbit Creek Products - Certain flavors of bread, muffin and brownie mixes under the Rabbit Creek Products and other Private label brand names due to the potential presence of Escherichia coli O121 (E. coli O121). The products were sold online and through retail stores from Dec. 2015 to Feb. 2016.
- Grassfields Cheese LLC - Organic cheesesdue to possible contamination with Shiga toxin-producing E. coli (STEC); products were sold to wholesale and retail customers, and to consumers nationwide via online sales. See also, the earlier recall announcement pertaining to this product being sold at Whole Foods Markets in Georgia.
- JM Exotic Foods, Inc. - Ground turmeric because samples from a supplier were found to contain elevated levels of lead. The product was solely distributed to a farmers market in Doraville, Ga., from May through August 2016. The recall includes Ground Turmeric, Item Number 1153, packaged in 4 oz. clear plastic clam shells with the following codes: Lot# 16131185 and Lot# 16165184.
- Beyond Better Foods, LLC - Select cases of Enlightened brand Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip ice cream because they may contain undeclared peanuts. The affected product was distributed nationwide in retail stores.
- Whole Foods Market - Grassfields Cheese LLC’s organic cheese products, due to possible contamination with Shiga toxin-producing E. coli (STEC), a bacteria that can cause serious illness in humans. The products were distributed in the South and Midwest.
- Hampton Creek - Baking mixes containing the ingredient "Native Forest Coconut Milk Powder", which tested positive for Salmonella. The affected mixes were sold nationwide.
- Chapel Hill Creamery - Chapel Hill Creamery cheese products because of a potential association with an illness outbreak due to Salmonella. The recall includes ALL codes, packages and sizes of several varieties of cheese distributed to retail stores, farmers markets and/or restaurants in Georgia and other select states in the southeastern U.S.
- Gel Spice, Inc. - Fresh Finds Ground Turmeric Powder in 3.75 oz. PET jars (code of B/B 03/08/19 or 05/18/19, UPC code 81026-01230) because the product contains elevated lead levels. Distributed to Big Lots Stores nationwide.
- Starway Incorporated - Peony Mark Brand Biscuits because the product contains an undeclared allergen, milk, and an unallowed color additive, Ponceau 4R (E124). This product was distributed nationwide.
- ***Expanded Recall*** General Mills Due to four new confirmed illnesses, General Mills is adding additional flour production dates to the previously announced U.S. retail flour recall that was originally announced on May 31, 2016. Click here to read more.
- Bar-S Foods Company - Various chicken and pork hot dog and corn dog products that may be adulterated with Listeria monocytogenes. The products are labeled with the establishment number “EST. P-81A” inside the USDA mark of inspection. These items were shipped to retail locations nationwide. See the full list of products here.
See more Georgia-related recalls by clicking below by year (organized by fiscal year, July 1-June 30):