This page lists recent recall alerts for food and feed products that have been distributed to, and/or were produced here in Georgia. Recall notices come from the GDA as well as the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) or U.S. Department of Agriculture Food Safety Inspection Service (USDA FSIS). To learn more about a recall, click on any of the links below to display the full news release. Only the most recent recalls are posted here, categorized annually by fiscal year (July 1-June 30); click on a year below to see additional recalls. Want to learn more about how recalls are classified (Class I, II or III) or other information about how they're issued?
Click here for Product Recalls 101 | Click here for retail recall guidance.
- McCormick & Company, Incorporated - McCormick 24 oz. Club Size Original Taco Seasoning Mix - Due to unlabeled milk allergen. Dairy free Original Taco Seasoning bottles were incorrectly filled with Original Taco Seasoning which contains whey. Product can be identified with UPC 52100302461 with best by date between June 27, 2018 and September 16, 2018.
- Turkey Hill Dairy - Dutch Chocolate Premium Ice Cream - Select 48oz containers of Dutch Chocolate Premium Ice Cream recalled due to undeclared ingredients of almonds and eggs. The containers may contain Rocky Road Premium Ice Cream instead of Dutch Chocolate Premium Ice Cream. Product can be identified by UPC 20735-42095 with sell by date May 23, 2017. All affected packages would have been purchased by consumers after 09/08/2016.
- Brownwood Farms - Various Products - Recalled due to undeclared soy or yellow #5 food coloring. Undeclared soy in the following products: Yankee Bourbon BBQ Sauce (19oz & 1 gallon), Cherry BBQ Sauce (21oz, 1 gallon & 5 gallon), BBQ Mustard Glaze (11oz & 1 gallon). Undeclared yellow #5 in Apple Riesling Salsa (21oz & 1 gallon), Peach Salsa (17oz), Jalapeno Cherry Salsa (21oz & 1 gallon), Jalapeno Cherry Butter (12oz & 1 gallon).
- Yoma Myanmar Tea Co - Tea Salad Snack - Recalled due to undeclared peanuts. Products are Regular and Spicy, and come in 7 ounce, clear plastic package with expiration date of 6/15/2018.
- Nestle© USA - Nestle© Drumstick© Club 16 Count Variety and 24 Count Vanilla Pack - The company tested positive for Listeria monocytogenes (LM) from equipment contact surfaces from a location on the production line where these products are made. The 16- count has UPC number 72554-11096 and the 24- count has UPC number 72554-00160, distributed nationally.
- ***Expanded Recall*** Blue Bell - All products made with Aspen Hills Cookie Dough all products that were made with a cookie dough ingredient supplied by a third party supplier Aspen Hills, Inc., due to the potential for the ingredient to contain Listeria monocytogenes. The recall affects products in half gallons and pints: Blue Bell Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough and Blue Bell Cookie Two Step sold to retail outlets, and three gallon flavors sold to food service accounts including Blue Bell Blue Monster, Blue Bell Chocolate Chip Cookie, and Blue Bell Krazy Kookie Dough. These products were produced from February 2, 2016 through September 7, 2016, distributed in GA and other select states.
- Roland Foods, LLC - Roland® Preserved Lemons Recalled due to allergens (undeclared sulfites) in the product. Products were sold in 12.35 ounce jars, 12 glass jars per case, Lot #20, UPC #4122461002 on each item, with production codes DA" 169Z P: 0618 printed on the far lids.
- Chocolate Shoppe Ice Cream Company, Inc - Select Products Containing Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Pieces Purchased From Supplier Aspen Hills which has the potential to be contaminated with Listeria monocytogenes. This recall includes: In 3 gallon cartons: Cookie Dough, Heaps of Love, Peanut Butter Cookie Dough, Sticks & Stones and Yippee Skippee Ice Cream (various expiration dates). In pint containers: Cookie Dough Ice Cream (various expiration dates). Under the company’s “Baked Bear” brand 3 gallon cartons: Cookie Dough Ice Cream (various expiration dates).
- Publix - Publix Premium Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Ice Cream Recalled over concerns of Listeria monocytogenes in cookie dough supplied by Aspen Hills. The ice cream has a UPC of 000-41415-03843, and a sell by date of May 27 2017, which is printed on the bottom of the half gallon container.
- Nutrisystem Everyday, LLC - Nutricrush Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Bar Recalled due to concerns that the chocolate chip cookie dough has the potential to be contaminated with Listeria monocytogenes. Product was sold online through Amazon.com and Walmart.com. The bar was sold in a 5-count carton, with UPC code 6 32674 85579 4, Enjoy by Aug 22 2017 and Lot Code NF082216A.
- Mars Petcare US - CESAR® Classics Filet Mignon Flavor Wet Dog Food due to a potential choking risk from hard white pieces of plastic which entered the food during the production process. CESAR® Classics Filet Mignon can be purchased individually, as well as in flavor variety multipacks.
- Sammy's Milk - Sammy's Milk Baby Food due to possible contamination with Cronobacter, a bacteria that can cause severe and sometimes fatal blood infections or meningitis in infants. The product was sold nationwide through online sales at www.SammysMilk.com.
- Tyson Foods Inc - Fully Cooked Chicken Nugget Products due to possible contamination with hard plastic, distributed nationwide.
- McCain Foods USA, Inc - Frozen Onion Rings Sold Under Four Separate Private Label Retail Brands due to undeclared milk allergen. Brands/retail locations include Save-A-Lot Stores, Krasdale Brand, Spartan Brand and Shur Fine Brand.
- Waymouth Farms, Inc- Good Sense ® Cranberries ‘N More 6 oz (170g) due to undeclared pecans, walnuts, milk and soy. Freshest if used by 8/16/17 A 15:00 through Freshest if used by 8/16/2017 A 23:00.
- Sager Creek Foods, Inc.- Field Peas With Snaps and Green Bean Productsdue to trace amounts of shellfish contamination (an allergen), sold primarily non-retail to food service establishments.
- Kellogg Company - Kellogg's® Eggo® Nutri-Grain® Whole Wheat Waffles because they have the potential to be contaminated with Listeria monocytogenes, distributed nationwide.
- Blue Bell Ice-Cream - Select Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough and Two-Step Half-Gallon ice-cream and Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Pints ice-cream (specific code dates) that were produced in their Alabama plant because they were made with a chocolate chip cookie dough ingredient supplied by a third party supplier (Aspen Hills, Inc.), due to the potential for it to contain Listeria monocytogenes.
- Drew's LLC - Field Day Organic Ranch Dressing in 8 fl. oz. glass bottles with lot code W210I, UPC #042563600242 and a Best-By date of Jan. 28, 2018. The product contains milk and egg, allergen ingredients that are not listed on the label, and was distributed nationwide.
- Publix - Apple Coffee Cakes, all date codes with UPC 002-19562-00000 due to the possible presence of small metal shavings. The product was sold at the Publix bakery department in Georgia and other southeastern states.
- Island Soups Company, Inc. -Various soup products are being recalled for Clostridium botulinum contamination, which is a very serious public health threat. Products include Gungo Peas Soup, no meat; Red Peas Soup; Red Peas Soup, no meat; Mannish Water and Fish Soup in 16 oz glass jars, with white lids and a white plastic with brown lettering safety seal. The products are coded with Best-By dates July 2015 through June 2018. Products were distributed through internet website purchases.
- Asher's Chocolates - multiple and individually-wrapped chocolates, chocolate bars, etc., under the Asher's brand name due to possible Salmonella contamination of items produced in their Lewistown, PA facility. Products were distributed nationwide.
- Bimbo Bakeries USA, Inc. - Specific best by dates and UPCs of Entenmann's Little Bites Fudge Brownies (5 pack), Chocolate Chip Muffins (5 and 10-pack boxes) and Variety Pack (20 pack) due to the presence of small pieces of plastic caused by a manufacturing issue. The products were shipped to GA and other select states.
- Snyder's-Lance, Inc. - Diamond of California® Macadamia Nuts, sold "chopped" in 4 oz packages, and as "halves and pieces" in 2.25 oz packages, distributed in retail stores nationwide, for possible Salmonella contamination.
- WFSP Foods LLC - 13.5-oz. packages of "Land O' Frost Simply Savory Bacon & Cheddar Smoked Sausage" with a "BEST BY: DEC. 04 2016" and packaging date of 06/07/16 due to misbranding and undeclared allergens (milk), not declared on the product label, shipped to retailers nationwide.
- Cambridge Farms, LLC - Certain Laura Lynn, Key Food and Better Valu brands of Frozen Cut Corn sold in 16 & 32 oz. polybags with various expiration dates in 2018 because they have the potential to be contaminated with Listeria monocytogenes, sold in GA and other select states at retail supermarkets.
- Oriental Packing Co., Inc. - Blended seasoning curry products under the brand names Blue Mountain, Jamaica Choice, Ochos Rios, Oriental and Grace Brand, because the seasoning is contaminated with lead. Lead can accumulate in the body over time and can cause serious and sometimes permanent adverse health consequences. The product was sold through internet sales and by retailers nationwide.
- Baptista’s Bakery, Inc. - 7.2 oz. Snack Factory® Original Pretzel Crisps® and 7.2 oz Snack Factory® Sriracha Lime Pretzel Crisps® packages for allergens, because they may contain undeclared milk ingredients.
- Rabbit Creek Products - Certain flavors of bread, muffin and brownie mixes under the Rabbit Creek Products and other Private label brand names due to the potential presence of Escherichia coli O121 (E. coli O121). The products were sold online and through retail stores from Dec. 2015 to Feb. 2016.
- Grassfields Cheese LLC - Organic cheesesdue to possible contamination with Shiga toxin-producing E. coli (STEC); products were sold to wholesale and retail customers, and to consumers nationwide via online sales. See also, the earlier recall announcement pertaining to this product being sold at Whole Foods Markets in Georgia.
- JM Exotic Foods, Inc. - Ground turmeric because samples from a supplier were found to contain elevated levels of lead. The product was solely distributed to a farmers market in Doraville, Ga., from May through August 2016. The recall includes Ground Turmeric, Item Number 1153, packaged in 4 oz. clear plastic clam shells with the following codes: Lot# 16131185 and Lot# 16165184.
- Beyond Better Foods, LLC - Select cases of Enlightened brand Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip ice cream because they may contain undeclared peanuts. The affected product was distributed nationwide in retail stores.
- Whole Foods Market - Grassfields Cheese LLC’s organic cheese products, due to possible contamination with Shiga toxin-producing E. coli (STEC), a bacteria that can cause serious illness in humans. The products were distributed in the South and Midwest.
- Hampton Creek - Baking mixes containing the ingredient "Native Forest Coconut Milk Powder", which tested positive for Salmonella. The affected mixes were sold nationwide.
- ***Expanded Recall*** Michael Angelo's Gourmet Foods, Inc. - Shrimp Scampi and Meat Lasagna products due to misbranding and undeclared allergens, distributed across the Southeast.
- Chapel Hill Creamery - Chapel Hill Creamery cheese products because of a potential association with an illness outbreak due to Salmonella. The recall includes ALL codes, packages and sizes of several varieties of cheese distributed to retail stores, farmers markets and/or restaurants in Georgia and other select states in the southeastern U.S.
- Gel Spice, Inc. - Fresh Finds Ground Turmeric Powder in 3.75 oz. PET jars (code of B/B 03/08/19 or 05/18/19, UPC code 81026-01230) because the product contains elevated lead levels. Distributed to Big Lots Stores nationwide.
- Starway Incorporated - Peony Mark Brand Biscuits because the product contains an undeclared allergen, milk, and an unallowed color additive, Ponceau 4R (E124). This product was distributed nationwide.
- ***Expanded Recall*** General Mills Due to four new confirmed illnesses, General Mills is adding additional flour production dates to the previously announced U.S. retail flour recall that was originally announced on May 31, 2016. Click here to read more.
- Bar-S Foods Company - Various chicken and pork hot dog and corn dog products that may be adulterated with Listeria monocytogenes. The products are labeled with the establishment number “EST. P-81A” inside the USDA mark of inspection. These items were shipped to retail locations nationwide. See the full list of products here.
See more Georgia-related recalls by clicking below by year (organized by fiscal year, July 1-June 30):