Georgia Grown Spotlight Presents:
Georgia Grown Fresh Apple Pie, The treat of any holiday table!
- Pastry for two crusts
- 5 sour cooking apples (we used Granny Smith)
- 1/3 to ½ cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons corn starch
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 6 tablespoons butter
1. Line a deep dish pie plate with one of the crusts.
2. Wash peel and slice the apples.
3. Place apple slices in layers in the crust.
4. Combine sugar, cornstarch, nutmeg and salt, sprinkle over apples.
5. Sprinkle with lemon juice.
6. Cut butter in small pieces and evenly place over apples.
7. Top with remaining crust, make slits in the top of the crust.
8. Bake at 425 degrees for 40 minutes or until apples are soft and crust is brown.
Serve it pipping hot with a wedge of cheddar cheese... So Good!