During the 2011-12 Feed My School program, three schools participated: Bleckley County Elementary (Bleckley Co.); Wauka Mountain Elementary (Hall Co.) and Norman Park Elementary (Colquitt Co.). Here is a brief overview of some of the statistics and facts based off of the initial year's program:
- More than 1,600 students were impacted by the program during the school year.
- More than 7,500 Georgia Grown school meals were served, featuring 75 to 100 percent local products.
- More than 700 students participated in farm field trips.
- There were 34 school gardens that were infused with the program (both new and existing).
- More than 90 piece of agriculture literature were distributed to every participating classroom and school library.