Requirements: Applicants must be enrolled in a post-secondary educational institution located in Georgia or have graduated within one calendar year of the desired internship timeframe. A general interest in Georgia agriculture is strongly preferred. An educational background in the study of agriculture is not required, but may be desired for certain available internship opportunities.
Duties: Internship opportunities with the Department may include, but are not limited to: Providing administrative and office support; giving guest tours of the Department headquarters and Tifton Lab facilities; shadowing and working with field officers during agriculture inspections; laboratory studies, research and testing; promoting and assisting with Department activities and Georgia Grown products and marketing events; and generally serving as an advocate for Georgia agriculture.
To apply for an internship with the Georgia Department of Agriculture, please submit the following to firstname.lastname@example.org as a Microsoft Word (.doc) or Adobe Reader (.pdf) attachment:
- Cover letter
- Writing sample of 1-3 pages; which may be a paper or selection from a longer piece for a class, school newspaper, press release, etc.
In the body of your email, please include the following information:
- College or University currently enrolled:
- Expected Graduation Date:
- The semester for which you are applying (i.e., Spring 2017, Summer 2017):
- For consideration, you must specify at least one division and/or program you would like to intern with:
- Please specify whether you are applying for an internship based at the GDA headquarters in Atlanta, or based at the Tifton Ag Lab (if available to work at either location, please specify both):
- Anything additional you'd like to share about your experience and/or interest in a GDA internship:
Please refer to the internship calendar to confirm deadline and notification dates for an internship. If you are not notified on or before the notification date, please note that your application has not been selected at this time and we encourage you to re-apply at a later date.