Bulletin Publishes Every Other Week
All advertisements published in the Market Bulletin must relate to the farming/agricultural industry or be a part thereof; any and all item(s) submitted for sale through the BULLETIN must meet at least one of the following criteria:
1) must be produced by the advertiser on his/her own farming operation,
2) must be made by the advertiser from materials on his/her own farming operation,
3) must be owned and used by the advertiser on his/her own farming operation for a period of at least 90 days prior to offering for sale through the BULLETIN.
Businesses, corporations, dealerships or other commercial enterprises are not allowed to advertise in the MARKET BULLETIN. Commercial is defined as intended for mass market; handling large quantities of product for distribution (i.e., more than normal household or farm quantities); supported by advertisement (i.e., advertisement in publications other than the BULLETIN; listed as "business" in telephone directories or "yellow pages", etc.). Other indicators include, but are not limited to, holding business licenses and holding regulatory licenses/permits/registrations.
* Georgia residents only may advertise in the Market Bulletin with the following exception: out-of-state residents may advertise only in the Out-of-State Wanted category.
*The editor has the authority to designate the length of ads and the number of ads that may be placed by a family unit in any issue of the BULLETIN. Currently, only one (1) notice may be placed by any family unit in any issue of the BULLETIN. Family unit refers to all individuals sharing the same residence, address or telephone number.
* Ads must be received no later than designated deadline in order to appear in the following issue. Ads submitted via our website will be scheduled automatically for the next available issue.
* Ads will be published only once each time submitted unless the advertiser specifies on the notice that the ad is to be published more than once. Ads may be published for two (2) consecutive issues. A new notice must be submitted if the advertiser wants the advertisement to continue more than two issues. Note: Some ad categories are published infrequently and are published only once per submission. Please check ad category headings for publication frequency prior to submitting notice.
* There is a 20-word limit for advertisements except as noted under category headings (special categories that are published only monthly, quarterly or bi-annually, have a 30-word limit). Advertiser's name, town, phone number or name and complete address must be included within the word limit. The Market Bulletin reserves the right to edit notices.
* Most advertisers include a telephone number in their ads, but mailing address may be published in lieu of phone number. However, it is important that advertisers provide a phone number when submitting ads in the event Bulletin ad personnel need to contact them concerning their ads. Advertisers who do not want a telephone number printed in their ads should note this fact when submitting the notice to the Bulletin.
* Each notice submitted for publication must be in writing; ads cannot be taken by telephone. Notices may be submitted by U.S. mail, facsimile transmission, or via the Internet through the Market Bulletin website. Notices sent via mail or fax must be legible, on a single sheet of paper separate from any other notice, and be accompanied by the name of the category and the name, mailing and street address (es) and telephone number of the person submitting the same.
Send ads to:
Georgia Department of Agriculture
19 Martin Luther King Jr. Drive SW
Atlanta, GA 30334-4250
Fax: (404) 463-4389
To submit an ad via the Internet, access the website shown above. Once at the opening page, click on Market Bulletin, listed in the options in the upper left corner of the page. Once the page displays, click on the link shown. From the list of options displayed, select Market Bulletin – Ads. A listing of ad categories for the current issue will display. Click on the option Submit an Ad, and an online ad form will appear. Fill out the form, making sure to fill in the required fields. Please adhere to the advertising guidelines when completing the form. Links to general and specific ad category guidelines are provided on the ad form. When the form is completed, click on the Submit Ad option at the bottom of the form. If the ad is successfully transmitted, a thank you message will appear along with a reference number assigned to your ad. This reference number can be used when contacting the Bulletin office for correction or deletion of ads. If this message and reference number do not appear, the ad did not successfully transmit. Please contact the Bulletin office for assistance at the toll-free number provided below.
* To cancel an ad after submission or to correct errors made by the Bulletin staff, call the department's toll free number, 1-800-282-5852, 8 a.m. – 4:30 p.m., Monday – Friday, and ask for the Market Bulletin ad department or the person whose name appears at the top of that particular ad category. If calling from the Atlanta area, the direct dial telephone number is 404/651-9081. Cancellations or corrections called in will be reflected in the next available issue. Note to Internet users: Once an ad is transmitted via the Bulletin website, the ad cannot be deleted or changed by the person submitting the ad. The advertiser must call the Bulletin at the number above to have the ad deleted. A new ad may then be submitted via the website.
* Items for sale or services offered in any notice must conform to all laws and regulations covering sale and movement of the same. Ads for some categories must meet certain requirements. Advertisers are advised to review requirements under ad categories before submitting their notices. Note: Due to space limitations, all ad guidelines cannot be listed in the Bulletin each week. Advertisers who have questions concerning these guidelines may call 1-800-282-5852, 8 a.m. - 4:30 p.m., Monday - Friday, and ask for the ad department or write: Market Bulletin, Georgia Department of Agriculture, 19 MLK Jr. Drive SW, Atlanta, GA 30334-4250.